Saturday, March 30, 2019

Thing 30: DIY – You Pick

For this assignment I used

Thing x: Flash Cards, Quiz Games and More

My students really love games (who doesn't). I teach a prep class for the skills USA regents exam. I have created this class completely on-line through the RCSD e-learning site. 
I love the convenience that they can go at their own pace but I do keep a calendar going also with it so they stay on task.

I am using quizlet for review for each lesson. I really like the idea of the Quizlet live and have done some of the reviews with them this way. 

I have just created a flippity game for review work for this class. On Fridays, we have shortened periods and this would be perfect for them.  I also created a jeopardy game with the different chapters using flipquiz,com   

I really think that games are for important with this generation. I decided to do some games myself since many of my students are always tired and they stay up late playing games (especially Fortnite)
I do realize how it can become very addicting. I was only doing word games and it does get addicting. I switched from that to Duolingo and am learning Italian.I have found this to be a really great site and you can compete with people. They also have it for schools. Some of my students are doing OCR (on line credit recovery) and I've shown them this. However,  I don't believe the OCR teacher (and RCSD) has embraced this yet, but it would be great if they did.

I like your flower flash card and quiz on quizlet!














No comments:

Post a Comment