Monday, March 25, 2019

Thing #28 Anything goes Goodle

Thing #28 Anything goes Google

Google Classroom and Quizes
I have used Google classroom for many years. It has it's pros and cons.I have a love-hate relationship with it.
I especially like the topics sections in google classroom,
I always put my entire class on line as I feel my students must learn how to be efficient on-line learners.
What I enjoy is the ease of Google Classroom and the app. My students are able to do their work on their phones. This is so beneficial to many of them since the majority of them do not have desktops, tablets or lap tops at home, but h=they do have phones. Two of my students did the entire class on line. One student has a baby making it that much more difficult to be in school. But he completed the class and both of them received awards for Best Indepemdent Learners. Just last week our art teacher commented on how well our student with the baby did in her assignments for art class in Google Classroom. As the computer/business teacher in our building I am always helping and encouraging our teachers to use more technology (especially google classroom) since this is what the districy has offered, But I do feel that is is somewhat cumbersome to use google classroom as the learning platform. It still is lacking options that I can do much easier on other platforms. One example is the grading and the returning of work and if a student resubmits work. I do like the grades goimg imyo into google sheets.

I love google forms and I love the streamline to google classroom.I like the idea of using google notes for comments.

I REALLY enjoyed the Hipster Google especially the Google trends and Google Scholar. Google scholar really enabled my students to search and cite their work for thei On line recovery English class (which I oversee and help with). Also love all of Eric Crts work and am following ho on Twitter.

I've shared with the art teacher the Google Arts and Culture. Also shared with my nephew who works in a college library the Ngram viewer and other library info.
Thank you!!

There's just so much!!!   Bit by bit!




1 comment:

  1. You explored a lot of stuff! Terrific. I'm with you on Google Classroom. I appreciate that it isn't overly complicated, but it's not as robust as other services. But free, I love that it's free!

    ReplyDelete